We have had a fabulous first full week of the school year at The IMAGINE Program! Children have been busy at The IMAGINE Program all week. Today we are excited for Sports Soup and Lego Clubs to begin!
We have several new staff members as well as new children in the program – we are all enjoying the time to get to know one another! Amanda Pinard is our IMAGINE On-Site Director. In addition to 10 years as an On-Site Director at various New Morning School programs, Amanda is our in-residence certified Zumba instructor! Amanda’s leadership is unwavering and her energy contagious. Please be sure to introduce yourself to Amanda when you have a chance.
I wanted to take a moment a share a few reminders and updates:
1. We are thrilled with the number of children enjoying The IMAGINE Program on a daily basis. Over the course of the next several days we will be working on the kinks in our bus routes. We have multiple bus runs going to each school on days when necessary. Students are arriving at The IMAGINE Program in the most efficient manner possible, but safety is our primary focus. There are times, due to traffic and dismissal issues within a specific school that our bus runs get delayed. These delays are out of our control. Similar to the regular school bus routes, it takes us a few weeks to work out the scheduling kinks to run completely smooth bus routes.
2. Our Enrichment Clubs are extensive and differ daily. If your child is choosing to participate in an enrichment club we recommend picking up after 4:45 PM. This will allow your child to fully participate in the special enrichment clubs.
3. For safety reasons, we require students wear sneakers for the rock wall as well as for playing and building in the nature area. So, on the days when your child will be attending The IMAGINE Program, we recommend he/she wear sneakers (or at least brings them in his/her bag).
4. Reader’s and Writer’s Boost Troop – Beginning on Monday, September 12th, our Reading/Writing Specialist, Erica Therrien, will be available for scheduled small group reading and writing support during The IMAGINE Program. If you would like to schedule your child to work with Mrs. Therrien weekly for a ½ hour or 1 hour period, please be in touch. The additional fee for working with Mrs. Therrien is $50/hour and can be applied directly to your account. Mrs. Therrien will be working with children beginning at 3:45 PM on Mondays. So, if your child wishes to participate in Hip-Hop, they should be able to do both. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about Reader’s and Writer’s Boost Troop.
5. Please remember that all schedule changes must be made a week in advance (please submit the attached schedule change form).
6. Our first Vacation Day Camp for Bedford families will be on October 10th (Columbus Day). If you would like to enroll your child in this program, please let us know as soon as possible. We have limited capacity for our Vacation Day Camps and want to make sure that our IMAGINE friends are included!
Thank you for sharing your children with us – we are having a blast at The IMAGINE Program! Please be in touch if you have any questions or concerns. Have a wonderful long weekend!
New Programs Director
New Morning Schools